Who We Are:
In 2003, A group of successful Norwegian businessmen who had adopted the Victoria Area as their home, banded together to launch Pacific Coast Land Company. Their goal was to build high-quality, multi-unit rental housing and owner-occupied developments. Through their unique entrepreneurial background and their expertise in quality craftsmanship, they have developed many areas in Greater Victoria and have recently shifted focus primarily to the Westshore, doing so under the new Viking Properties moniker.
Headquartered in the Greater Victoria region, we are proud of our Vancouver Island heritage and uphold the developments we build to the highest level of quality and standards. We are recipients of the CARE Awards of Vancouver Island.
Viking Properties specializes in boutique developments in the Westshore communities of Langford and View Royal. Our aim is to provide multi-family residences with an emphasis on comfort, modernity & sustainability. We have 25 properties under management and plan to build a new development for sale every two years. We pride ourselves on being ambassadors for our growing community with a vision of a sustainable future for the beautiful Westshore.
Why Join Viking Properties:
As the Projects Manager, you will be reporting directly to our President & Owners daily. We firmly believe that communication is key to the overall success of any endeavour. Our extensive knowledge and 40 years of experience will be at your fingertips. Given our years crafting high-quality homes & developments, Viking Properties owns a fantastic rapport within the Westshore area. Our trusted Vendors, Trades, & the Municipality will support your cause and our vision while working diligently beside you to ensure delivery of a premium final product.
Role Overview: Project Manager
Key Goals & Responsibilities: (subject but not limited to)
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Manage contract agreements with external vendors to maximize returns.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Maintain knowledge of current legislation, policies, regulations & industry best practices.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports. Meet and present reports to Company President.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings and specifications
Ideal Personal Attributes:
- Effective, tactful communicator
- Exemplary team leader
- Strategic, pragmatic problem solver
- Open-minded & able to respond well to constructive criticism
- Adaptable to a fast paced, fluid environment
- 3 Years + project management experience
- Extensive time spent on active construction sites
- Secondary school diploma
- Proficient computer skills, specifically utilizing productivity software, communication tools & spreadsheets. Experience with Buildertrend an asset.
- Monday-Friday (Minimum of 40hrs/week)
- Competitive Wage Commensurate with Experience
- Performance Bonus Structure (specifics to be discussed upon interview)
- Allocation of Company Vehicle
- Medical, Dental & Life Insurance Benefits Package
- Paid Time Off
- Experienced Ownership & Support
Work Remotely: No