Who We Are:
In 2003, A group of successful Norwegian businessmen who had adopted the Victoria Area as their home, banded together to launch Pacific Coast Land Company. Their goal was to build high quality, multi-unit rental housing and owner-occupied developments. Through their unique entrepreneurial background and their expertise in quality craftsmanship, they have developed many areas in Greater Victoria and have recently shifted focus primarily to the Westshore, doing so under the new Viking Properties moniker.
Headquartered in the Greater Victoria region, we are proud of our Vancouver Island heritage and uphold the developments we build to the highest level of quality and standards. We are recipients of the CARE Awards of Vancouver Island.
Viking Properties specializes in boutique developments in the Westshore communities of Langford and View Royal. Our aim is to provide multi-family residences with an emphasis on comfort, modernity & sustainability. We have 25 properties under management and plan to build a new development for sale every two years. We pride ourselves on being ambassadors for our growing community with a vision of a sustainable future for the beautiful Westshore.
Why Join Viking Properties:
As a general labourer, you will be reporting directly to our Project Manager, who will direct you to your daily duties & responsibilities. Your role is vital to the success and timeliness of the end result. You will be required to perform a variety of jobs while learning on the fly. You will be afforded the opportunity to learn various skills and increase your aptitude within the industry, all while being paid a competitive wage to do so. At Viking Properties, we believe in developing hard working employees and nurturing future industry professionals.
Role Overview: General Labourer
Key Goals & Responsibilities: (Subject but not limited to)
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas. Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Keep job site clean & orderly to optimize productivity
- Work cohesively with sub-trades.
- Put up and take down shoring and barricades at construction sites.
- Help heavy equipment operators secure attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment, and provide assistance in other activities.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and other equipment. Level earth using shovels, rakes & various tools.
- Adhere to applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations and company policies.
- Perform various tasks on site as directed by Project Manager.
- Comfortable using power tools & hand tools.
Ideal Personal Attributes:
- Reliable, shows up for work with a positive outlook
- Effective listener & communicator
- Exemplary team player
- Motivated self-starter
- Open-minded & able to respond well to constructive criticism
- Quick learner
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, fluid environment
- $20-$25 per hour (wage commensurate with experience & skillset)
- Secondary school education
- BC Drivers License
- Reliable method of transportation to and from the job site
- First Aid Certificate an asset
- Monday-Friday (40hrs/week)
- Competitive Wage Commensurate with Experience
- Medical, Dental & Life Insurance Benefits Package (active after 3-month probation period)
- Paid Time Off
- Experienced Ownership & Support
Work Remotely: No